The Catholic University of America
You Have Options

You have many choices and options of how to move forward. We will take your report seriously and support whatever decision you make.


Reporting the Incident

To report a sexual offense you can contact:
  • The Dean of Students: 202-319-5619,
    • The University's Title IX Coordinator: 202-319-4177,, or
    • The Department of Public Safety: 202-319-5111. DPS is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you report a sexual offense you will be connected to a trained resource person in the Dean of Students Office to help explain and navigate available support services. This includes information regarding counseling, educational support, pastoral care, medical treatment and information about the University’s grievance and disciplinary processes.

Reporting an assault does not automatically trigger an investigation except in rare situations where a perpetrator is a threat to the community, such as when the University received a previous report that the same person assaulted someone else. In those cases, the University has an obligation to investigate, but you are not required to be a part of the process.


Filing a Complaint

To file a University complaint, you can contact:

  • The Department of Public Safety,
  • The Dean of Students, or
  • The University's Title IX Coordinator.

To file a criminal complaint you can contact the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD). DPS can assist you with this process and you can pursue both a university and MPD complaint simultaneously.

Should you wish to file a University complaint, the Deputy Title IX Coordinator in DPS will conduct an investigation. If the case is referred to the University disciplinary process, there are many options that are available. A Dean of Students staff member can help you navigate this process.

If you do not wish to file a complaint, you can still meet with a member of the Dean of Students Office for support. Staff members can help you access services like academic support, class schedule changes, housing relocation, and issue orders of no contact.

For more information, visit the Grievance Procedures.